Oticon Medical Ponto System
Bone anchored hearing systems like Ponto are designed to use your body’s natural ability to transfer sound through bone conduction.
The Ponto system includes:
How it works
Bone anchored hearing systems are designed to use your body’s natural ability to transfer sound through bone conduction.
The sound processor picks up sound waves in much the same way as a conventional hearing aid.
However, instead of sending them through your ear canal, it transforms them into sound vibrations and sends them, via the abutment and implant, through your skull. In this way the vibrations travel directly to your inner ear.
Benefits of BAHS treatment
- The ear canal remains open, providing better conditions for a dry ear for conductive and mixed hearing losses
- It allows you to hear sound originating from the non working cochlea side for those with single sided deafness (SSD)
- Ponto can be evaluated before surgery by use of a softband or headband
- The surgical procedure is simple, reversible and does not expose any additional risk of hearing impairment
- It is comfortable enough to be worn all day
Great Sound Quality
Hearing is about being able to communicate freely and effortlessly – even in challenging environments such as school, social events and crowded restaurants. The powerful Ponto processors are designed to aid both speech understanding by protecting speech clarity and fading out background noise when necessary.
To find out more about the Ponto 3 family of processors please visit our website –
Oticon sponsor our yearly events, childrens book, the New Parents Guide and our website
Click here to claim your free goody bag from Oticon
* Please note that postage and one per household applies *