How to get involved with the 2.6 challenge
Have fun and make a difference
On Sunday 26 April, the day when the Virgin Money London Marathon would have taken place, join the rest of the UK for The 2.6 Challenge. Whatever your age or ability, you can take part – either by doing your own challenge, by donating, by getting other people involved or all three!
Your #TwoPointSixChallenge can be any activity you like – how about some of these ideas as a starter for ten:
- Sing 26 songs in 26 minutes
- Run 2.6 miles on your balcony or around nearby park (in line with the Government rules!),
- Climb up (and down) the stairs 26 times – in 2.6 minutes!
- Hold an online yoga session with 26 of your friends
- Bake 26 cupcakes
- Do 26 press-ups with the dog on your back
- Bench-press 26 kilos with your grandchildren
- Juggle for 26 minutes – or possibly 2.6 minutes!
Let your imagination run wild – the choice is yours! Take a look at the Virgin Money Giving’s 26 family-friendly activities for fundraising ideas and inspiration.
The #TwoPointSixChallenge is your chance to be a StayAtHome Hero and raise funds from your living room, bedroom, balcony or garden…everyone can join in! Here’s how:
- Come up with any activity idea around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits your skills.
- Set up your fundraising page for Microtia UK.
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TeamMicrotiaUK and #TwoPointSixChallenge
If you’d prefer not to do a challenge you can still support us. Click here to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford.
Get your friends and family on board – either joining you in your challenge, sponsoring your efforts or simply making a donation to support Microtia UK’s vital work.
We need you
Now more than ever, we need your help. We’re doing all we can to support every single person who needs us, but we’re facing tough times ahead. By supporting us through The 2.6 Challenge, you will be helping us to continue our work and reach more families when they need us most. Thank you.